Computer Science for Cyber Security (CS4CS) is a 3-week full-day summer program providing an introduction on the fundamentals of cybersecurity and computer science at NYU’s Tandon School of Engineering. Through this program, we strive to educate and empower a new generation of engineers in an inclusive environment that breaks down barriers that have historically led to the underrepresentation of women and minorities in STEM.
Cybersecurity is a high-paying field growing at ten times the rate of the overall job market, and one in which women are dramatically underrepresented. The United States and many other countries have a shortage of cybersecurity professionals, a situation that has been recognized as a major threat to national security. Students will tackle a variety of topics including but not limited to digital forensics, steganography, “white-hat” hacking, and cryptography.
No background or experience in cybersecurity or computer programming is needed in order to apply, only your interest and enthusiasm.
- CS4CS is free to attend, thanks to support from The Depository Trust & Clearing Company (DTCC)
- Program runs full days (approximately 9am to 3pm), five days a week
- Our campus is located at 2 MetroTech Center in Downtown Brooklyn
- Lunch, snacks are not provided. Students must bring their own food or have money to purchase lunch
- Transportation/MetroCards are not provided
- Please watch your email around the notification date (students and parents/guardians)-if you are accepted to the program, a prompt reply will be required
Who Can Apply?
- Live in one of the five New York City boroughs or smaller neighboring cities such as Jersey City, Newark, or Hempstead.
- Have demonstrated interest/are highly motivated in STEM as shown in essays and application
- Are available for the entire program, and are committed to completing
- Are entering 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in September 2022
- Are responsible, punctual, persistent and have demonstrated an ability to make and fulfill commitments
Important Dates To Know
- Application Deadline: April 13, 2023
- Notification of Application:** May 4, 2023**
- Program Dates: July 11 - July 29, 2023