About The Experience
- A seven-week paid summer work experience, earning the hourly minimum wage which varies by city of $15.00 – $17 per hour
- Weekly workshops designed to give participants valuable personal and professional skills development
- A unique relationship with supervisors and mentors to gain insight on how to prepare for a career in health care
- Networking opportunities with peers and senior leaders through work-based activities, community service projects, or social events
Who Should Apply
As a community-serving program focused on increasing diversity in health care careers, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underserved communities to apply. This opportunity best serves students who have no previous exposure to health care.
KP LAUNCH Summer 2022 Program Dates are as follows:
High School – June 20th – August 5th
High school interns must:
- Be age 16 through 19. Priority is given to juniors and senior-level students
- Be a current high school student and/or graduating senior of the Class of 2022*
- Be available to work full-time during the seven-week summer program
- Provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the United States
- Have a permanent residence in a Northern California Kaiser Permanente designated service area.
- In order to protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, Kaiser Permanente now requires employees, including remote workers, to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or receive a medical or religious exemption. There may also be a COVID-19 vaccine booster requirement depending on where you work. For more information on Kaiser Permanente’s response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center
*High school graduates of the class of 2021 without college experience may apply for consideration for this program
Dependents of Kaiser Permanente employees and physicians are not eligible to participate in KP LAUNCH programs.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Interested in applying to the high school program? Applicants can click here to sign up to receive an email notice when the application is available.
Teachers, Counselors, Community Organizations: click here to sign up to receive an email notification when the application is available.