What we're looking for
The STEM Table is looking for talented high school-aged designers, aged 13 and above from anywhere in the world, to jointly join our Marketing and Magazine Crew team as a Graphic Designer. We are seeking team members with an eye for aesthetic design and experience and/or skills in the field of design and art to lay out the organization's aesthetic visual components.
- Create social media posts using templates once a week.
- Report directly to the Director of Design, Kelly Chen.
- Illustrate for the magazine and blog from time to time.
- Pitch new design ideas and conduct market research on visuals.
- Contribute to design guide tutorials in the form of videos and documents.
- Critiquing other design pieces if necessary.
- Experience in graphic design/art/illustration is a plus
- Familiarity with Canva or a desire to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and aesthetic sense
- Deep understanding of design principles or the desire to learn
- Proven record of good design work, if applicable
- Understanding of trends, sense of creativity, and communication skills
- Organized and logical
- A take-home design portfolio of your work
- Service hour reports
- The opportunity to get published
- Experience in your chosen field
- Access to external opportunities and discounts
- Free GSuite and other nonprofit perks
The STEM Table is a fiscally sponsored 501(c)(3) nonprofit and a Hack+ project aiming to promote STEM careers through exciting initiatives and programs.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials and the subject line 'Application-[Postion you're applying for]':
- Your full name, email address, year in high school, name of high school and where you live
- CV/Resume as a .pdf, .doc, .docx, Google Doc or Google Drive link [optional and recommended if available]
- Link to LinkedIn profile [recommended but only if you have one]
- A short statement of no more than 300-500 words [no lower limit] of why you are a good fit for this role, past experience and skills that may be useful for the role, and why you would like to work at The STEM Table
- Sample[s] of design or artwork you have created as attachments or a link. This may be in any art medium, digital or non-digital-anything that shows your creative abilities. [strongly recommended]