The National STEM Honor Society has STEM campaigns on a national and international, targeted basis. Our messages are centered around discussions on STEM inspiration, access, equity, and support in a very graphical way. There are several specific target markets, each with very different characteristics in terms of sending customized, strategic messages employing the correct social media platforms for each target market. Team members will be in charge of interacting and engaging with different users by creating brand awareness, gaining leads/sales, developing a voice for the company, and relationships with our followers on our different platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube. Interns will create and implement different strategies to help increase engagement on the platforms. Interns will work closely with digital marketing software, including Hootsuite Pro, and Canva. Team members specialize in creating appealing digital media for platform sharing and engaging in an editing/writing process for curated content. Platforms the team manages currently are Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and TikTok. In addition, there will be opportunities to learn the skills needed for digital advertising in order to reach STEM educators and organizations across the United States and the world. Interns will also work with other teams, including graphics, web, video production, and email sending to centralize a sales strategy that reaches potential customers.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Applicants with experience in social media management, posting, highly developed writing skills, basic knowledge of social media platforms, self-motivated
- **Content: **As a core component of the Marketing & Social Media Department, the National STEM Honor Society content team focuses on both collecting and sharing the content of other creators and producing original content to be shared on our platforms. Mapping and strategizing content is a key part of identifying and catering to target market audiences, and forming valuable relationships with our customers. Team members will share and create platform or persona-specific content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and TikTok. **SKILLS REQUIRED: **Applicants should have familiarity with the above social media platforms and broad knowledge of social media/marketing advertising strategies. Those with experience in building up personal or company social media profiles are a plus!
- **Pinterest: **The Pinterest team focuses on strategizing and generating content that caters to the interests of our target audience. Team members devise and produce engaging and original content to be shared on our Pinterest boards. Team members also collect and share the content of other creators that help promote the National STEM Honor Society’s mission. **SKILLS REQUIRED: **Applicants should have experience and interest with the Pinterest platform and understand the social media/marketing advertising strategies that pertain to this platform. Those with experience in building up personal or company social media profiles is a plus!
- **Graphic Design: **As a team/division of the Marketing & Social Media Department, National STEM Honor Society graphics team focuses on creating visually appealing banners, icons, boards, postings and blog graphics. Creative graphics experience is essential in working to expand our branding in all communication platforms including social media, website, PR, email sales and e-commerce. Inspirational visual content is critical to drive engagement and clicks on social media and the focus is on creating compelling visual assets for every campaign to engage our prospects on an emotional and value added basis. **SKILLS REQUIRED: **Candidates must either be studying graphics or have significant experience in graphic design. Experience in Canva is highly preferred as NSTEM has settled on this as our standard. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus!
- **Interactions: **Team members will be in charge of interacting and engaging with different users by creating brand awareness, gaining leads/sales, developing a voice for the company, and relationships with our followers on our different platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube. Interns will research, create and implement different strategies to help increase engagement on the different platforms. Interns will also work closely with the analytics team to determine strategies to help our platform’s engagement increase. **SKILLS REQUIRED: **Applicants with experience in social media platforms, basic knowledge on the social media platforms, highly developed writing skills, and self-motivation.
- **Content Management: **This team is essential to the organization and execution of many of the components of the Social Media Department. Through the management of the Department’s Trello Board, team members serve as a bridge between the other teams within social media, connecting graphics, content, and interactions into a streamlined system. Members of the content management team will also be responsible for scheduling and posting the social media content created by other social media teams on Hootsuite. **SKILLS REQUIRED: **Applicants with strong organization, time management, and attention to detail. Given that Content Management members need to publish many social media posts before they are scheduled to be released, being punctual and keeping up with deadlines is crucial for this position. Experience with Trello and Hootsuite is a plus!
- **Newsletter: **The newsletter team creates monthly newsletters to be sent out to all subscribers through the website which includes (but is not limited to) chapters and members as well as their families. This team is crucial to showcase our (and our chapters’) accomplishments & I.D.E.A. values to all of our members! Team members will be involved in creating content that highlights chapter accomplishments, recognizing new chapters, coordinating with various departments to curate content, and creating graphics for the newsletter. **SKILLS REQUIRED: **Applicants with strong organization, time management, and attention to detail. Experience with graphic design is a plus