The Generation is seeking Career Research Interns to discover top careers, compile new insights, and network with inspiring professionals across industries for qualitative research. Gain experience with collecting quantitative & qualitative insight and effective networking while exploring different career paths.
- Research 5-10 careers data points and compile those results into engaging summaries
- Decipher 3 deep questions that people have when considering that career
- Prep an interview plan & outreach plan to collect reflections from professionals
- Excellent ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals
- Confident and proficient writer & networker
- Ability to quickly grab important information
- A high school or university student that is passionate about providing value to students
- A self-starter who meets deadlines with ease & communicates when obstacles arise
- A clear communicator who is radically candid and naturally motivates others
Team & Work Environment
As a Career Research intern, you will work closely with our Product Manager & CEO. Communication happens over Slack.
Bi-weekly "All Hands" Meetings*
We usually open with a quick strategy & reporting based-agenda and then use this time to work collaboratively and bond.
Bi-weekly 1:1 Checkins
Meet with Dareen (the Product Manager) for 1:1 checkins. Agenda includes feedback questions as well as room to pitch your ideas or report on the product directly.
Weekly Standup - Career Center
Meet with the rest of the Career Center team on a regular basis.
- The Generation is student-led (all team members are under the age of 25 - Gen Z Cuttoff) so while there is no maximum age, our mission is to empower young students. No technical minimum age - skillset is all that matters.
- Because of the volunteer status of every role at The Generation, you are not required to live in the US however you must reside in EST, CST, MST or PST.
1. Strengthen your understanding of Product Research and exercise core skills in:
- data collection (quantitative & qualitative)
- expressing product improvements supported by data
- persuasive writing
- networking & interview setup
2. Earn service hours for your work and enjoy press mentions during PR campaigns.
3. Flexible work hours that match with school schedules.
4. LinkedIn Endorsements and Written Recommendation.
5. Bring value to underprivileged schools and students.
6. Work closely with the Product Manager and CEO and shape the future of The Generation.